Saturday, April 17, 2010

I got Good News!!!! Again!!!

As April came closer and closer, I and many many others through out the country were on edge about whether or not we made it in.  No one, knew what was going on. All anyone knew was that in early April, notification would go out. So, what exactly defines early April!?!?!?!? 

I wanted to know as much as I possibly could, so I spent some time online reading forums and through reading posts I found out that the Consulate in Denver sent out a notification that they would be sending notification on April 8, around 3:00pm. With this as my mark, I was able to wait out the next 4 days. 

I work at a retail Store in Florida the town is a high tourist area. April is the height of Spring Break season, so the whole week of April 8th was extremely busy. Particularly on the 8th. With so many people in the area, the cell towers were jammed and my 3G network for my iPhone wasn't worth a thing. Even as 3:00pm rolled around the best my phone could load was just that I received an e-mail from the Japanese Consulate in Atlanta. This really messed with my head. The first chance I had to use my friend's phone I did. After waiting the e-mails to load for a couple minutes I finally received the Good News!!!

On April 8, 2010 I was shortlisted into the JET Program... this means I made it.

Now the wait begins again. Sometime in May we will all find out where we will be placed.

One thing, once you've been shortlisted you must send a reply form to your respective consulate. There are number of things that are required with the reply form, so take your time, ask your questions, and do everything that needs to be done. You'll be provided a forum to ask and have your questions answered, so don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment