Sunday, August 8, 2010

The First Full Week of Work

NOTE: Since, I arrived my blog has received some attention from the town, so the local monthly newspaper requested to publish the link for the people in town as part of my introduction article. I`ve also been asked to translate my blog as I write it... I`m no officially trained translator, so please expect errors as I don`t read or write Japanese well at all.


It was a little over a week ago, that I actually started working in the office at the BOE. In this short amount of time I:ve been able to do a lot of things and have a lot of experiences. The first few days I registered for the Alien Registration Card, created a bank account, started the process to get internet, reserved my iPhone, purchased necessities for the apartment. The following days were spent preparing my self introduction, and creating a stamp of myself for my students. I also joined the Town Hall`s Baseball Team, toured the schools, learned my way around the town, and enjoyed the Shihoro`s Beer Fest.

仕事を始めて一週間がたったが、この短時間で色んな事を出来て色んな経験も作ってきた。最初の三日間で外国人登録証を作ったり、口座を作ったり、インターネットを登録して、iPhone4を予約して、アパートの必要品をかった。その後は自己紹介のじゅんびして、自分の顔のスタンプをつくって、役場の野球チームに参加、士幌の学校を見学、士幌の道を覚えて、ビール祭りを楽しんだ。


Here are some pictures of my first week in Shihoro.


The biggest Burger I`ve Ever seen!!!

I went sight seeing and there were some horses.


A nice panoramic shot from an observation deck near a mountain.
A bit cloudy...



A very beautiful landscape.


I actually got to see a deer frolic in the pasture... I see deer all the time in florida, but this was the first time I heard a deer cry... It was a very high pitched echoing sound...



This is me, helping create the flowers for the Festival in my town.


This is what the completed ones look like. Later these will be placed on top of a box that we will parade around during the festival... Hard to describe, I will have pictures of it later... haha


I then participated in the Sports Festival for the elderly... we lost. The gentleman to the right with the ribbon on his shirt is the Mayor.



The Beer Festival in Shihoro


Ladies and Gentleman... Obi Hiroshi in the background with the white Jacket. He`s a singer based out of a city near by called... Obihiro-Shi


How to make a Stamp.

First: Find an Avatar online of your likeness and print it out or draw your own caricature.
Second: Make a mirrored image of the caricature.

Third: Go to the local craft store or school supply section and purchase a very very large eraser... It is about 5in by 5in and about 3/4 inch thick.
Fourth: Cut a piece of the rubber that will fit your caricature and using carbon paper trace your caricature to the piece of eraser. You may have to go over the copied image with a marker on the eraser.
Fifth: Using wood carving tools or chiseling tools remove the necessary sections very carefully as to not undercut your imprint.

You are Now done and have your own personal stamp of your face! This you can use on the student`s papers.































1 comment:

  1. wOOOOOOOOt first post :D great read dude, I still have to make my own stamp. But first, blog update :P (just had a festival in Himeji this week)

    ReplyDelete